The Saint Norbert Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) is a unique program where children, grades kindergarten through twelfth grade, participate in sports in order to experience membership in a team that values respect, generosity, faith, hard work, discipline, commitment, and humility. By developing these skills, the CYO participants strengthen their confidence and are better prepared to achieve their personal and team goals by “winning in many ways”– in sports and in life. Most importantly, the CYO program is designed to help the students remember to thank God for everything they have and accomplish.
CYO Sports is one component of a parish’s comprehensive youth ministry program which enables the partnership of parents, coaches, priests, religious, teachers, and adult leaders to manage and support a sports program that allows youth to grow in their relationship with God and come to better understand themselves and the Catholic Faith.
Students at St. Norbert School, as well as parish children from St. Norbert, St. Monica, and St. Issac Jogues, are eligible to participate in St Norbert CYO.
The following sports are offered:
- Fall – Co-ed soccer (grades 5-8), football (grades 5-8), field hockey (grades 5-8), and cross country (grades K-8)
- Winter – Basketball (grades 5-12), Biddy Ball (Grades 1-4, through St Monica parish)
- Spring – Track (grades K-8), Baseball (grades 5-8)
For further information, please contact any of the following members of the CYO Board:
- Pat Walton – President (610-291-9618)
- Dave Fritz – Athletic Director/Director of Cross Country/Track (484-999-1230)
- Helen Gabriele – Director of Soccer (610-952-3051)
- Bill Musman – Director of Basketball (610-505-8234)
- Ron Goll – Director of Baseball (609-870-4170)