SNS Students Excel in National History Day Competition
St. Norbert School had a strong showing this Spring in the 2020 National History Day competition. The theme for this year’s competition was Breaking Barriers in History.
Two SNS eighth graders took top honors in Pennsylvania in the Individual Performance category, advancing to compete at the national level!
- 1st place – Alan Turing: The Turing Time of New Inventions – Christopher P
- 2nd place – Jean Francoise Champollion: Codebreaker Extraordinaire – Lawson M
A number of upper school students received recognition at the district level, with several advancing to represent SNS at the state competition:
- Individual Performance
- 3rd place: A Princess and Politician: Shirley Temple Black – Devyn S
- Group Performance
- 1st place: Marie Curie: On the Forefront of Radium – Gabriella H, Grace K and Sean M
- Individual Documentary
- 2nd place: Zitkala-Sa: Breaking the Barriers of Injustice – Jena N
- Honorable Mention: Wright Brothers: Flyers or Liars? – Eleanor G
Congratulations to all!